Public Relations Coordinator
- Office staff
- Croydon, NSW
- 1-2 years
JOB TITLE: Public Relations Coordinator
JOB TYPE: Permanent Part-Time, 2 days a week (16 hours), mostly business hours
ORGANISATION: European Christian Mission (ECM)
LOCATION: Australian office, Croydon, Sydney.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: ECM Executive Director
- Develop a public relations strategic plan in accordance with ECM vision and values.
- In consultation with Catalyst (our fundraising consultants), to develop appropriate fundraising initiatives. This will include a planned giving program (bequests)
- Implementation of public relations plan and fundraising initiatives in collaboration with the ECM staff team, especially those involved in promotion.
- Interact well with existing and potential donors, as well as churches and other Christian organisations, in a professional and engaging manner
- Prompt attention to relevant telephone and online inquiries.
- Effective event promotions and management.
- Participation in key ECM events as needed
- Website support
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace, and abide by workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in the field (or a related field) an advantage.
- Australian residency.
At least two years experience in public relations, marketing or sales is strongly preferred. Experience in fundraising (or financial support raising) an advantage.
- A people person/networker
- Excellent strategic planner
- Engaging and persuasive communicator (both in written and verbal forms).
- Ability and willingness to speak engagingly about opportunities for giving where needed.
- Self-starter and initiative taker
- Organised, sufficiently attentive to details and able to meet deadlines.
- Computer/ online literacy
- Team worker and yet able to work independently.
- Finalisation of a public relations strategic plan for 2023.
- To make ECM well known amongst churches and Christian organisations
- Implementation of fundraising initiatives for 2023, including 2-3 events and planned giving.
- Complete tasks competently, on time and in teamwork.
- Ensure office is clean and presentable at all times
Apply in writing to Matt George by 21st November, 2022:
email@example.com or PO BOX 15, Croydon, NSW 2132